Monday, October 27, 2008

Meet Radically Riley!


Name: Moyra Riley

Store Name: Radically Riley
www.radicallyriley.etsy.com

What made you choose your store name: Well I just brainstormed an entire page of possibilities and then had my husband go through them with me and we eliminated them one by one until we were left with the one that best describes both me and my jewelry!

Date shop opened: Feb. 11, 2008

What you sell: Bold, unique, colorful, one of a kind, and yes...radical...handcrafted jewelry. My focus to date has been polymer clay and semi precious gemstones complemented with sterling silver, gold filled and copper wire wrapping. I am currently exploring silversmithing, so I'm very excited about how that will enable me to expand the possibilities in my designs.

What made you want to start: Just over a year ago I admired a turquoise necklace a friend had made. She offered to take me bead shopping and show me how to make my own. Well! I haven't put down the pliers since. I had to open a shop to keep up with my prolific production. I can only wear and give away so much, and I need to sell some of my work in order to replenish my materials. Seriously speaking, having been creative and crafty all my life, having discovered jewelry design has really stirred a passion in me. I have no choice. I must do this. It only took me 42 years to find out what I want to be when I grow up. I guess some people never do, so I'm very grateful.

Your store in one phrase: Custom made jewelry for the woman of signature style!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

What a wonderful assortment of both beauty and fun! I have to say I think my most favourite are the Simpsons cufflinks ;o) They should be listed as 'Priceless' !!